Park the phone before you drive. Always pay attention.
- There are over 53,000 distracted driving crashes every year, accounting for 58% of the total crashes in Maryland.
- There are 28,874 people injured every year and 232 people killed as the result of a distracted driver in Maryland
- Distracted driving fatal crashes accounted for 46% of the all fatal crashes in Maryland.
- 78 percent of distracted drivers killed in a crash are male.
- One third of all distracted drivers killed in a crash are between the ages 21–34.
- The Baltimore and Washington metropolitan areas accounted for nearly 84 percent of crashes related to distracted driving.