Park the phone before you drive. Always pay attention.
- There were 52,734 distracted driving crashes, accounting for 56.9% of the total crashes in Maryland.
- There were 26,995 people injured and 182 people killed as the result of distracted driving crashes in Maryland.
- Distracted driving fatal crashes accounted for 38.4% of the total fatal crashes in Maryland.
- Nearly a quarter of the drivers involved in distracted driving crashes were between the ages of 21 and 29.
- More distracted drivers were male (57 percent) and nearly 80 percent of those killed were also male.
- The Baltimore and Washington metropolitan areas accounted for nearly 84 percent of crashes related to distracted driving.