Have a plan to get home safely. Always choose a sober driver.
- There were 7,709 impaired driving crashes statewide. Of these crashes, there were 2,652 injuries and 149 deaths.
- Nearly 80% of impaired drivers that were killed in a crash were male.
- Nearly 40% of the impaired drivers killed were 21-34 years of age.
- Almost 50% of impaired drivers killed in crashes were not wearing a seat belt at the time of their crash.
- Nearly one-third of the impaired driving crashes that resulted in death occurred between midnight and 4 a.m.